Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Attention Re-gifters!!!


Okay, okay we all know that the holidays can get expensive and that some people just love to re-gift those presents that they smiled and said "Oooohh, just what I always wanted....another fruitcake!" Ahem, please keep last years fruitcakes to yourselves..... Anyway that's not the point; the point is that re-gifting is appropriate when done right!

Here are four simple ways to keeps yourselves from embarrassment this Christmas.
First off, make sure that the recipient of your re-gifted item was not the person who gave it to you in the first place! Can we say AWKWARD?!!! Next, try to make it personable by choosing the appropriate item to re-gift for the proper recipient. If you get a box of chocolates please do not re-gift it to your diabetic Grandmother! Thirdly, please at least re-wrap the gift and give it a new tag. How tacky would it be for the recipient to read the original tag that says, "To my honey bunny, from your snuggle bear!" Lastly, and most importantly, DO NOT tell them you re-gifted, some things are better kept to yourself :)

Well, that's my first etiquette lesson. SO what did you think? Please post your funniest re-gifting stories or tips on how to re-gift in the least tackiest way possible!

And Remember folks, Keep it Classy, Not Trashy!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hmm I commented on this post yesterday but it didn't seem to show up! lol
That is funny that people give you jars of pickles! That is got to be my second favorite after Olives! What are the penguin things you are talking about? Oh and thanks for adding my button, you seem to really know you way around the blog world! :) Did you pay for your layout?

Beth Crandell said...

Ooops sorry about that! I was trying to learn how to do the whole comment moderations and I think I erased it I did read your message lol...The penguins are these cute lil appetizers...I'll send you a link for them! I am trying to learn all this bloggin stuff so bare with me! Adding the button part is easy, but what I wanna learn how to do is make buttons! You may have to teach me that one. The layout I downloaded it off the blogger layout site and then unzipped it. I like your layout thoug it's super cute.

Post a Comment